Title: This World Is Taboo
Author: Murray Leinster
Cover artist: [Ed Valigursky]
Best thing about this cover:
- This world is taboo … hence the looooong line to get in.
- I really do love mid-century rocket design. Why does the future-past / past-future always look so much more awesome than the present?!
- I have no idea what I'm looking at here, but I feel like things are not going well for the wee man at the center of it all.
Best things about this back cover:
- That's a pretty mean thing to say about Dara. I'm sure she's lovely.
- I dara you to land on Dara.
- There is something so odd about "dodge" —not the word I expect … plus it's all orphaned there at the bottom. Word choice and layout matter.
- I want a t-shirt with that blue circle design on it. Not even kidding.
The admiral said through stiff lips, "I'll blast—"
I don't know what the admiral's doing, but it sounds kinda taboo.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]