Author: A.E. Van Vogt
Cover artist: [Richard Powers, per William H. Lyles, Dell Paperbacks, 1942—Mid-1962]
Yours for: $20
Best things about this cover:
- "I Was a 22nd-Century Gun Moll!"
- Her mouth! Is she talking? Hissing? Shouting "Slan!"?
- I have seen the future. It is full of 8th graders' atom diagrams.
- Pretty bold to paint right on top of a well-used bandage.
- Quintessential mid-century sci-fi cover art. Iconic. Beautiful. Perfect.
Best things about this back cover.
- Why aren't people named "Groff" any more? Or "Jommy"?
- Idea: Western / Scifi epic with a hero named "Slim Tendrils"…
- I'm guessing that's not "Jommy" on the cover. But who knows what the future holds…
The impression smashed into fragments. Granny.
That has to be the weirdest two-sentence sequence in literary history.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]