Title: Beyond Eden
Author: David Duncan
Cover artist: Richard Powers
Yours for: $15
Best things about this cover:
- "I see the source of life itself—there! Beyond Eden. Eden … hey Eden … *EDEN*, would you get your giant body out of the way so we can see the damned source of life itself!?"
- Eden looks like giant space actress who has forgotten her line.
- Richard Powers is the king of interplanetary fever dreams and wackadoodle future machines. My favorite scifi/fantasy cover artist (even if this isn't exactly his best work) (with respect to Valigursky, Emshwiller, etc.).
Best things about this back cover:
- Living Water ™ —part of the Coca-Cola family of horror beverages
- Excellent back cover art by somebody's 13-month-old niece.
- If the "man" and the "woman" had names, this cover might be milligrams sexier.
Spectralium grew rapidly in Gayley's pilot tank.
That is some grade-A space porn right there.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]