Title: Passionate Trio
Author: John Davidson
Cover artist: photo cover
Yours for: Not for Sale (part of the Doug Peterson Collection)
Best things about this cover:
- I can't believe this cover photo *ever* read as salacious. It could easily be the cover of a modern girl group's album Right Now. Adorable.
- "Half-female" raises the important question WHAT IS THE OTHER HALF!? IS IT RANCH DRESSING!?
- Seriously, this photo looks like it was taken yesterday. Fantastic swimsuits! This may be the only cover where my reasons for wanting to see more of the women's bodies are almost purely fashion-related.
Best things about this back cover:
- Wild Font! Love it.
- Wow, the tonal gulf between cover photo and cover copy just gets deeper and wider…
- "Bill Hayward" made me laugh out loud. "Here is the story of something racy … Here is the story of something salacious … Here is the story of some random guy's name."
- Next time I feel caught in the insane whirl of my existence, and people ask me how I'm feeling, I'll be like "not gonna lie, kinda Bill Hayward today."
- READ THIS STORY, NOW! = my kind of advertising come-on. No beating around the bush. JUST BUY IT, MOTHERFUCKER!
Even from where he stood he could see that she was drunk.
"Why aren't you at work?"
"Too drunk," she replied. "Aha," he exclaimed. "Just as I thought."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]