Title: The 1,000-Year Plan / No World of Their Own
Author: Isaac Asimov / Poul Anderson
Cover artist: [Ed Valigursky] / Uncredited
Yours for: $25
Best things about this cover:
- The Minister of Eyebrows is not pleased.
- Rocket-shooting epaulets! Sign me up.
- I saw this sitting on top of the pull boxes at my comic book store and asked the owner if I could look at it. She said, "You like it? Take it." So there's one more benefit to buying local.
Best things about this other cover:
- Are we not men? We are Smear-Face.
- This looks like a very polished sci-fi artist's sketchpad. Buncha vaguely space-y stuff, no real concept.
- The capitalization scheme here is irking me. Titles capitalized, great. Uncapitalized, ok. First two words only … that just adds to the half-baked feel of this entire cover.
Through the shrieking din and confusion, Wienis' bull voice sounded, "Get the flares! Get the flares!"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]