Title: Exotic Sinner
Author: Shep Sheppard
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: Not For Sale—part of the Doug Peterson Collection
Another crossword puzzle tournament, another generous paperback donation from Mr. Doug Peterson. Let's see what he brought:
Best things about this cover:
- Because domestic sinners are not in season.
- Welcome to … The Purplest Room.
- "And introducing … antique chair!"
- I can't believe a woman that hot could talk that stupid to a guy that gee-whizzical.
- I love her dress so much I can't even tell you.
- This exotic sinner has a cute, girl-next-door vibe that I am finding quite adorable.
- I think Shep Sheppard *might* be a pen name.
Best things about this back cover:
- Um, I think you mean "locale."
- Um, I think you mean "wastrels." No, wait—a "wastel" is "a kind of white and fine bread or cake," so … maybe "wastels"?
Suddenly out where the barracuda had last jumped she saw the dorsal fin of a requiem shark.
Just in case you thought you knew what this book was about.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]