Title: Fire, Burn
Author: John Dickson Carr
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $9
Best things about this cover:
- So, uh, title: are you giving instructions to the fire (which I doubt it needs), or … are you Frankenstein's monster remarking up on what fire does, or …?
- "Oh, hi there, I was just fixing my hair and … my boobs? … oh yes, there they are. Whoops, how careless of me."
- Giant pink bookmark.
- Cape/cane frame.
- God, 19th-century interior decorating was dreadful.
Best things about this back cover:
- Least flattering author pic of all time.
- Amateurish bats are oddly charming.
- I hope that Lady Flora is either a rapper or has a sister named Lady Fauna.
If anyone had seen the pistol fall from Flora's muff, or seen him hide it under the hollow-based lamp, they might both stand in the dock on a charge of murder.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]