Title: The Terrible Night
Author: Peter Cheyney
Cover artist: Darcy
Yours for: $12
Best things about this cover:
- The cigarette. Definitely the ominous, abandoned cigarette.
- "Gore galore!"
- Title font = awesome.
- Interesting variation on the Keyhole Cover. Sadly, in this case, I get none of the titillation of voyeurism. The view is sordid. I'm all for bondage (!), but whatever's going on here seems too grim to be exciting.
Best things about this back cover:
- … sorry, I was just contemplating what a great addition THEOMARA would make to my Crossword Compiler dictionary.
- Lion + snake + woman. So he's like a griffin … kind of.
- All the best trappers use tanga.
O'Mara said brusquely: "No. Go to bed." He went out into the corridor; down the stairs. As she went into her room he heard her murmur: "Such a pig …"
I don't have much to go on, but my gut tells me she's right.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]