Title: Doctor with a Gun
Author: Richard Ferber
Cover artist: John Leone
Yours for: $6
Best things about this cover:
- I guess I can kind of make out a gun, there, in a holster near his knee. Still, with a title like that, you'd think you'd make the "gun" a little more prominent. "Doctor with a Horse!"
- What do you call those kinds of neck ties? Not bolos …
- Few doctors had the guts to ride alone through the Land of Mustard.
Best things about this back cover:
- That's a damned stupid layout of KILL OR BE KILLED. It makes no sense. What are all the "Kills"? why would you wrote "Be" after "Kill" — "Kill Kill Kill OR Kill BE Killed ellipsis Kill Kill" WTF?
- Nothing more sheeplike then "the whole town" in a Western.
- If Luke Short's word is so important, maybe give it slightly more prominence? Just a thought.
Nothing was as simple as it seemed. Nothing could stand isolated, without sooner or later infecting something else. There was no good in running away.Damn. Matt Kirby has gone full Greek Tragedy. Pray to Athena, Matt! I hear that works sometimes.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]