Title: TCOT the Lazy Lover
Author: Erle Stanley Gardner
Cover artist: Clyde Ross
Yours for: $7
Best things about this cover:
- That dude has my ultimate respect. That is some top-notch lazy. Superfly PJs. Highball. Slippers. Smart green couch. He knows what he's doing.
- That look in her eye is not lust. It's not annoyance. It's jealousy. Jealousy of his Red Hot Lazy.
- I can't stop looking at her boobs, and yet I don't find them very interesting. What the hell?
Best things about this back cover:
- That "Gossip … / and Murder!" heading would look great on a t-shirt.
- Hmmm. I'm not sure we have the same definition of "crazy punchline."
- What does it mean to be "lazy about making love"? I'm quite sure the images in my head do not match whatever happens in this book.
Mason took the pass Lieutenant Tragg scribbled, and went over to the detention ward. After a ten minute wait, he was taken in to see Mrs. Allred, who had quite evidently been aroused from a sound sleep and had had no opportunity to put on her make-up.
Wow. That must've been really hard on Mason.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]