Title: Death Spins the Platter
Author: Ellery Queen (ghost-written by Richard Deming)
Cover artist: Al Brulé
Yours for: $11
Best things about this cover:
- And the award for worst mixed metaphor goes to …
- I'm the DJ, he's the Piper?
- Quit getting your grubby thumbprints all over the vinyl, lady. Unless it's one of them there braille records and you are deaf, in which case, carry on.
- Looming background head is the best.
Best things about this back cover:
- I now want to name everything "Tutter King."
- Because King Tut was taken?
- No one tutted better than he! Nary a one!
"Did you find fingerprints on the ice pick?"'
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]