Title: Assignment—Lili Lamaris
Author: Edward S. Aarons
Cover artist: Barye Phillips
Yours for: $7
Best things about this cover:
- Cover would be So Hot if it were less smudgy and closer-up. PAN IN!
- This is somewhere between super-sexy and "help me, I've fallen."
- She appears to be wearing ... mist. How convenient.
- I like how she just jams her right leg into the text, like "Don't look at those stupid words! Why are you looking down there when I'm up here!?"
Best things about this back cover:
- I like the attitude suggested by his face, i.e. "whatever, sketch me or don't sketch me, I don't give a fuck."
- Since "the enemy" is unnamed, I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's "lizard people."
- "Tenth book"?! He wrote 42 novels in this series! (This has been your "holy crap" literary moment of the day.)
He paused, listening to the silence here that was not quite a silence, but like the deep, patient breathing of a waiting animal.
That's just Lili. She breathes funny when she's naked-crawling.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]