Title: The Big Guy
Author: Wade Miller
Cover artist: Jack Floherty
Yours for: $11
Best things about this cover:
- When a gorilla of a man meets a tigress of a woman ... Tigrilla!
- Big guy. Short tie. Wide suit. Dumb stare. "Is my tie clip straight ... Well, IS IT!?"
- Did he tear her clothes off her or was she attacked by an ermine that's still semi-attached to her right shoulder?
Best things about this back cover:
- This is either the worst or the best back cover concept ever. It's so ... random. "How 'bout a dictionary entry?" "But that ... makes no sense." "Yes, but if we did it on a little floating piece of torn out paper then ... oh man I'm so high right now."
- "Bloodstained but usable" = lovely.
- Who is this "pa' shens" woman? A woman who teaches you how to drink, carouse and chase women!? She sounds amazing.
- Wade Miller was actually two guys, but you probably knew that.
He took his wife's arm and squared the odd-feeling yachting cap on his head. "Come on down to the barbecue. I got to carve up a pig."After the first five words, this passage is like "Fuck it, I'm'a do whatever I want."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]