Title: The Cinnamon Murder
Author: Frances Crane
Cover artist: Gillen
Yours for: $12
Best things about this cover:
- Nooo! Not Cinnamon! She was our best pole dancer!
- The space priestess kneeled to anoint the body—as The Hat commanded.
- Warren Beatty in "Dick Tracy" called ... yeah, he's gonna need his jacket back.
- Seriously, unless she's going to be hiding among taxis later, that dress is a bit much.
Best things about this back cover:
- HA ha. The hat! — at least I think that's what that drawing by the "M" depicts; unless it's a very knobby hand holding a very stout wine glass.
- "The Pat Abbotts" sounds like a '50s folk music outfit.
- "Her best John Frederics' hat"! O man, the hat is a character. There's a niche market: hat crime. It's like hate crime, only with a short 'a'.
- I haven't read this, but I'm imagining a very low-rent Nick & Nora. And instead of Asta—a hat.
Mr. Couch's blue eyes rested on me and then, looking back at Patrick he said, "I'm afraid I'm being pretty frank."
Oh, sweet, sweet 'frank.' I've missed you.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]