Title: Mystery on Graveyard Head
Author: Edith Dorian
Cover artist: Sternberg (?) (sig. not totally legible)
Yours for: $9
Best things about this cover:
- I don't know what these kids were doing, but I'm guessing it has something to do with "graveyard head."
- Fear hand! Or "I'm choking" hand, not sure. (see "graveyard head" joke, above)
- You are *terrible* at hiding, Red.
- Look, if you're gonna make out in a freshly-dug gave, maybe wear shoes?
- The tree behind stalker-man is comically evil.
Best things about this back cover:
- Wow, whatever 5th-grader wrote this cover copy is very talented.
- I used to perform magic under the name "The Mysterious Wiggins."
- "A feeling of tense excitement mounts"! (see "graveyard head" joke, above)
The three on the steps grinned at them cheerfully. "Sit right down," Bart said heartily. "Kick off your shoes and take down your hair. Grab yourself a fistful of brownies. This is 'refugee hall'; a fat lady tramped on Sal's instep."
I was with you there til that bit at the end about the fat lady. Maybe ease up on the fistfuls of brownies, Bart.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]