Title: Under Cover of Night
Author: Manning Lee Stokes
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $7
Best things about this cover:
- You must be this tall to ride Manning Lee Stokes.
- Cigarette holders—I don't really get them, but as visual affectations go, I like them a lot.
- I actually really love the arc of the title font.
- There is a reason the show was not called "Mission: Difficult."
Best things about this back cover:
- "Armed with a gut-searing greed"? Uh ... Clean-up on aisle Metaphor!
- The Iron Buddha would be a cool wrestling name.
- The Bloody Cache would not.
Yi Sun-Sin, of course, had Oo working in Seoul, and soon he had known about the American who was coming to find a million buried dollars. And they started making plans. The fact that Oo had been a former houseboy of mine made his chances good.
I'm trying to decide what my favorite part of this passage is: "Oo," "houseboy," or "of course."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]