Title: Kothar and the Wizard Slayer
Author: Gardner F. Fox
Cover artist: Jeff Jones
Yours for: $5
Best things about this cover:
- Behold the mystical wonder of the medieval PowerPoint presentation.
- Redhead: "Now if you'll direct your attention right ... here." Gremlin: "Eh! Oh! Eh! What the hell?!"
- Protip: Do not interrupt a gremlin during his morning shower, for that is when he lip syncs and dances to Katy Perry.
- Maybe having your two main characters turn their backs on the camera isn't the greatest idea, visual interest-wise.
Best things about this back cover:
- Choose from our vast selection of Kothars!
- And, in the most shocking Rose Ceremony ever ... it's Frostfire! Sorry, Lori.
- In my best Norman Bates voice: "A boy's best friend is his sword."
Red Lori was there, coming from the building door, with Phordog Fale and Nemidomes at her elbow. In the background shadows he could make out Cybala, hiding.
I see this author comes from the Get High And Utter Random Syllables school of character-naming. In other news, the official progression of fail is now Fail, Epic Fail, Phordog Fale.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]