Title: Body of the Crime
Author: Larry Heller
Cover artist: Ben Wohlberg
Yours for: $10
Best things about this cover:
- This is one of those titles that has the familiar ring of Crime Novel, but actually makes no sense.
- This is not a bad scan. The book actually looks this odd and smeary. Really bad "black."
- Is he taking a pulse or casting a spell?
- I like the cop in the background, running right toward us. And the headlights. An the faint red of the police siren.
Best things about this back cover:
- Ew, now I know my least favorite hyphenated word.
- This book couldn't sound more generic if it tried.
- I love a good cover artist credit. Clearly visible complete name. God bless Pyramid.
"I'd chew the ass off the man who as much as opened his mouth to a newspaper reporter," said Ewing flatly.
My favorite part of that sentence is "flatly."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]