Title: The Way the Cookie Crumbles
Author: James Hadley Chase
Cover artist: photo cover
Yours for: $15
Best things about this cover:
- Is the drug in the needle gonna make the mimes go away? If so, shoot me. Now.
- I'm sorry. I said "mimes." What I meant was "mimes hovering over my death bed."
- I don't know what corner-mime is miming, and I really don't want to know.
- Design team leader: "Well, the title refers to cookies, so I'm thinking... chicks, drugs and mimes. What do you think?"
Best things about this back cover:
- JAIL BAIT. Sure, sounds good. There's been no image continuity or discernible theme so far, so why start now?
- If her morals are ripe, shouldn't they be at their peak? Is she chaste? Is that what you're saying? I don't think that's what you're saying.
- Aaaaaand ... a murderous dwarf. Of course. Perfect. OK, I think we're done here. Unless there's a kitchen sink someone wants to shoehorn into this plot somehow.
"Oh, never mind. Why didn't you get yourself some clothes, Jess? I sent you enough money."
"What the hell do I want clothes for?"
"Paradise City isn't New York. You can get picked up by the cops for looking the way you do."
"Frig the cops!"
If you ever wondered where N.W.A. got their inspiration for "Fuck Da Police"—well, now you know.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]