Title: Ski Gigolo
Author: Lew Lessing
Cover artist: Uncredited
From The Doug Peterson Collection (new acquisition)
Best things about this cover:
- Baby, it's cold outside. But also hot. And it's formal, so you'll need heels. Perfect!
- Capt. Kirk's younger brother Gordie had an elf fetish and took a Lot of drugs.
- Purple and green. Just ... 'cause.
Best things about this back cover:
- I know.
- I know.
- When Doug handed me this book this past weekend, a bunch of us spent several gasping minutes trying to figure out just what the hell we were looking at.
- "Did somebody call a shirtless doctor clown?"
- "They ran out of clown hats, so I just got one of them oversized drink umbrellas. Looks good, right? Yeah, I see you like it. What you doin', crunches?"
- Good luck getting that chest hair out of your brain tonight.
All appearances to the contrary, this is not the cover of a second book. It's an ad (???) for another book in the Kozy series. You can decide for yourself if the final cover is any less soul-chilling:
I know. Tough call, right?
Page 123~ (of Ski Gigolo, just to be clear)
[I'm literally laughing as I open the book, before I've even read a word...]
He had just begun to feel the tactile pleasure of touching her.
Later, he would enjoy the ocular pleasure of looking at her.
But wait, there's more:
Kurtz forgot about the noises outside. The touch of Dorothy was too distracting, the pleasure too intense at being able to touch the pelvic region and feel the firmness of her skin respond with an involuntary twitch.
Somehow this all seems like it goes better with the doctor-clown cover. "It's time for Dr. Laffs to touch your pelvic region until your skin twitches involuntarily. Baby."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]