Title: Deadly Desire
Author: Edward Booth
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $20
Best things about this cover:
- "Deadly Desire" was a last-minute substitution for the original title, "Boobs Bus."
- His eyes are the Best! He has this fantastic, dubious expression, like "Really? You're telling me those are real? ... OK ..."
- I love this cover. It's sexy while being ordinary. I'm as intrigued by her boobs as I am by his eyes and the design on that bus window. Vivid and eye-catching.
Best things about this back cover:
- The present tense in that first part is weird for paperback covers, right? Feels weird.
- Ah, the sexiest words a woman can say to a man: Oklahoma City.
"And so ends our little affair," she said. "But what are you going to do."
"I don't know yet," he answered, "but I'll find someone sooner or later. It's never too late, you know."
Get it? "Sooner or later" ... and they're in Oklahoma ... That's killer material.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]