Title: Morocco Jones in The Case of the Golden Angel
Author: Jack Baynes
Cover artist: Barye Phillips
Yours for: $11
Best things about this cover:
- Hey look, it's Robert Mitchum's slow, pin-headed cousin ... Morocco.
- What are you, a pirate? Button your blouse, Morocco.
- LOVE her pose / expression. It's like she's upset that no one's paying attention to her: "Oh, my, there's a rip in the back of my dress, boys. Look. Boys? Boys!!!"
- The boys are developing their patented angry secret handshake.
- And Morocco floated like a besotted wine-colored god in the heavens ...
Best things about this back cover:
- This back cover was made with some early, horrid version of Photoshop. "Crop! Ok, now ... blue-ify!"
- Oh, *that* Kansas City.
- Of course nobody told Morocco that the "S.O.S." stood for "Sad Old Spy." It would've hurt his feelings.
Dave tossed Morocco a taut grin. "What honest labor union leader could afford a perch like this one?"You have to make your grin taut before you toss it, otherwise it just sort of dies in mid-air.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]