Title: Ain't Gonna Rain No More
Author: John Faulkner
Cover artist: Mitchell Hooks
Yours for: $20
Best things about this cover:
- Whoa. Hey, uh, Dorothy? Your underwear called. It wants to know why you left it at home.
- How many signifiers of hickdom can you cram onto one cover? (answer: infinite). It's all whittlin' and pail sittin' and stove-humpin' with these folks.
- "If this were a cartoon, my hat would've flown off my head *this* far!"
Best things about this back cover:
- OK, that dress is way more, uh, titillating in higher-contrast B&W. The distinction between polka dot and nipple is at this point irrelevant.
- "for furnish" ... what in the George Shaw is that?
- With the door jamb, she looked like she was striking a sexy little pose. Without the door jamb—lice-picking.
"I need my bucket up here to flang at her again, ifen I could git her back on the porch. She's been right shy about coming out on the porch sinct that there bucket chased her offen the end."
I sincerely hope that when I am old, I will have one of theme there flangin' buckets to flang at people who get up on my porch without permission.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]