Title: The Ambushers
Author: Donald Hamilton
Cover artist: McD (?)
Yours for: $11
Best things about this cover:
- "Isn't my sniper boyfriend dreamy!?"
- "So sorry, señor. The chupacabra, I think she got away."
- What is this "pansy class" and how do I enroll? Sounds fun. Also, I would love to see Matt Helm call Mike Hammer a "pansy."
Best things about this back cover:
- Murder—in the card catalogue!
- How does one "play God to a beautiful, beat-up girl"? "OK, you be Job, and I'll go hide behind that bush and ..."
- I do like to order my thrillers by the half-dozen.
In my terrible predicament I'd hardly be giving attention to stray blondes. I kept my eyes on the men.
I assume his "terrible predicament" is "being undercover at a gay bar." Or he has some unspeakable injury that makes arousal painful. Either way, don't worry, Matt. It gets better.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]