Title: Alien Horizons
Author: William F. Nolan
Cover artist: Vincent DiFate
Yours for: $8
Best things about this cover:
- "Yo ... little help?"
- I'd like to humbly request a reverse-angle version of this painting, thank you.
- "This book will ram your brain like a runaway shopping cart"—Ray Bradbury
Best things about this back cover:
- "Where's the 'z' key on this thing? ... oh, well, I'll just use '2' ... looks fine."
- Rod Serling liked to SCREAM his blurbs.
- There are a suspicious number of ellipses in these blurbs ...
Fred Baxter stared at the cat, who stared back at him from the damp yard, its head raised, the yellow of the night moon now brimming in the creature's eyes. The cat's mouth opened.
"It's sucking up the moonlight," Fred whispered.
Fred's wife nodded slowly and turned toward the bed, despair filling her heart as she realized Fred would fail his veterinary board exam yet again.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]