Title: Angel Eyes
Author: Robert Dietrich (pseud. of Howard Hunt)
Cover artist: Robert McGinnis
Yours for: $16
Best things about this cover:
- I call wig.
- It's like there's a giant vacuum just out of frame, sucking the left side of her head away—earring and hair eerily defying gravity.
- She died the way she lived: fondling her bongos.
- She died the way she lived: on a giant magic diaper ride.
- She died the way she lived: one shoe on, one shoe off.
Best things about this back cover:
- Chunky pictorial question mark for the win!
- "I'm Bentley. Steve Bentley." — Steve Bentley, wowing them with his Bond imitation.
- You might ask what / the rationale is for / the line divisions on this back / cover copy
"As for any feeling I have about that little Bolac whore, I could put it all in a thimble and still have room for my finger."I don't know what "Bolac" means and I don't care—this line is unimprovable.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]