Title: Wild Drums Beat
Author: F. Van Wyck Mason
Cover artist: Richard Cardiff
Yours for: $7
Best things about this cover:
- "Uh ... he was like this when I found him."
- "Shhh. Be vewy, vewy quiet. We're hunting wabbits..."
- Real men make snow angels "Indian-style."
- Margery made the rather large mistake of trying to ride the Black Horse of Death sidesaddle.
Best things about this back cover:
- "Renegade trapper" would look great on a business card.
- Random trivia: Googling ["scalp-hungry"] returns 4100+ hits. So ... it's an adjective with a life beyond this cover.
- Remember when men's courage and women's love could solve world problems? And now look at us. Lousy Obama.
He nodded, mimicked the shadow of his head wrought black and distorted upon the lean-to's roof.
Grammatically, I'm not really sure what to do with this (how do you mimic a shadow that you yourself are creating?), but I do love a good lean-to reference.
[Follow Rex Parker at Twitter and Tumblr]