Title: A Dram of Evil
Author: D.J. Olson
Cover artist: allworkandnoplaymakesJackadullboy
Yours for: $10
Best things about this cover:
- If I'd had any hand in decorating that room, I'd've hanged myself too. "Living nightmare," indeed.
- Grandma got run over by a reindeer ... and then she lay down on this bed and bled out.
- This cover is making me nostalgic for "Harold & Maude."
- I want to live in a world where more things are done "in the BABY JANE manner."
Best things about this back cover:
- Ugh. Text. Come on. Enough with the wordy-words.
- Wait ... if the girl had been dead ... Jack Wardlaw would *still* have been a murderer. What am I missing?
- I want to live in a world where more things are "personified by Boyd Hanover."
- Oooh, a *black* web of evil. Nice. I was expecting mauve.
The room was dark and humid and I caught myself actually sniffing the air like an animal, as if wary of his scent.
"Actually" is the definition of unnecessary in this sentence. I'm sure you'd like some fantastically withering comment here, after my month+-long hiatus, but all I've got is my inner editor going "oh, hell no. Cut!"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]