Title: The Day the Sea Rolled Back
Author: Mickey Spillane
Cover artist: Maroto (?) — book is illustrated (!?) by "Maroto"
Yours for: $16
- In honor of Hurricane Sandy (and just because it's next in line), I give you: the opposite of a storm surge!
- I assume that chest is full of Cheerios 'cause no way that kid lifts it otherwise.
- I'm weirdly in the middle of the latest Lemony Snicket book (gorgeously illustrated by Seth), which features a strange ex-sea landscape like the one suggested here.
- Unless Hammer is about to emerge from behind that boat skeleton and put some .45-sized holes in those kids, I don't think I want to read this book.
Best things about this back cover:
- Mickey Spillane: Stud.
- If you ever wondered what it would be like if Mickey Spillane wrote a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book ... well, first of all, you are alone, and second of all, here you go!
- Bar code! Well there's an unwelcome stylistic development ...
Page 23~ (it's only 119 pages long)
They scrabbled for footholds in the irregular crevasses of the ballast rock, then got past them and hauled themselves to the top by grabbing hold of the thumb-thick sea grasses.Nothing good was ever "thumb-thick." Nothing.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]