Title: The Man Inside (Milo March Mystery 4)
Author: M. E. Chaber
Cover artist: Robert McGinnis
Yours for: $5
Best things about this cover:
- Yes, Lee Marvin likes your see-through sarong very much.
- Seriously, this guy is my hero. I want his rough-hewn throne, his shirt, his, let's say, bourbon, and his, let's say, companion.
- The art deco-ish font is ... odd. Not throne-odd, but odd.
- Where Is Her Other Shoe!?
Best things about this back cover:
- Hell Yeah Wenching!
- I want a sweater made of Chaber yarn.
- "You need not be told ..." HA ha. That wins "Most Unnecessary Blurb."
"Homicide is sending a man. Maybe they've already sent him. I threw around as much weight as I could and I think he'll look you up before he does anything, but don't expect any more than that. I don't think he'll give you any cooperation."
"I never expect any from a cop," I said.
Ooh, a quipster who plays by his own rules. He's the Die Hard of his generation.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]