Title: Net of Cobwebs
Author: Elisabeth Sanxay Holding
Cover artist: Uncredited (original) / [signature appears to read "Gillen" ?!] (dust jacket)
Yours for: $75
Best things about this cover:
- I vote "Sucker!"
- This is what happens when you park your car in the living room.
- Peeping Toms get off on the strangest things...
- This is the cover of the dust jacket. As I have said before, dust-jacketed paperbacks are quite rare in any condition. This one is remarkably tight. Dust jacket and all its permagloss are completely intact and uncreased.
Best things about this back cover:
- I do like a "floating lady heads" cover.
- Wow, that red ink really bleeds.
- One of those rare instances where it looks like the cover to the original hardback edition was better.
Here are the front and back covers of the original, un-dustjacketed edition:
He got out of bed, naked as a worm, and went to the window; there was a gray mist outside, but it was day. He could see the garage. And that made him remember all of it. Murder, blackmail, grief. Who wouldn't sell a farm and go to sea?
This was taken from her earlier short story, "The Worm Who Sold His Farm and Went to Sea."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]