Title: The Sixpenny Dame
Author: Eaton K. Goldthwaite
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $11
- Larry: "Hmm. She's OK, I guess. I'll give you fine pennies." Steve: "How dare you! En garde!"
- On the rocky shores of Mustard Cove, they settled their score like men—with a dance-off!
- Sheila: "Would you two hurry it up already? I wanna go home. My neck's sore and I think I ate too many crabcakes."
- Once again—love the dress. Not sure about the bangs, but love the dress.
Best things about this back cover:
- "Hey, boss, I got this design idea. Now, close your eyes and imagine ... instead of regular old bullet points: red squares! ... yeah, I know it clashes with the purple border ... but I just thought, you know, it's a novel about conflict, so ... yes, sir. Yes, sir. Sorry, sir."
- Bullet 3: See Bullet 1
- There's cryptic-good and cryptic-bad. Then there's this useless, befuddling mess of nothingness.
This put my Sixpenny dame in a new and uncomfortable light, for it showed she had employed psychopathic protection of a high order.I like how he talks about her like she's a seventh-level Wizard in "Dungeons & Dragons."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]