Title: The Saracen Blade
Author: Frank Yerby
Cover artist: James Meese
Yours for: $10
- Steve was quick to anger when people insulted his empty-swimming-pool harem. "It's a spatial commentary on the ways the traffic in women occludes ... oh you did *not* just roll your eyes at me! En garde!"
- Steve erupted in anger when the judge of the No T-shirt Contest gave him only a 5.
- MC Hammer closes in on the man who stole his pants. "Please, Hammer ... don't hurt me."
- There is a paperback cover phenomenon I call "black hand"—it's a subset of "mystery hand." The mysterious / exotic Other reaches in from the margins ... oh you did *not* just roll your eyes at me!
- This cover follows the old paperback cover art maxim: bondage must enhance boobage.
Best things about this back cover:
- It's slightly unusual to have to have the back cover relate the scene depicted on the cover. It's highly unusual to have the back cover *tell* you that's what it's doing (possibly because it seems insultingly redundant)
- "And even when he did think—which, admittedly, wasn't often—..."
- Compound adjectives can be things of beauty. Then there's "adventure-crammed."
"You're not a stranger," Gautiette said mildly, "and I shall need your aid. The truth of the matter, good Pietro, is that Toinette has disappeared...""It's a hairspray, it's a perfume, it's a home perm, it's ... Toinette!"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]