Title: One Monday We Killed Them All
Author: John D. MacDonald
Cover artist: Bill Johnson
Yours for: $18
- One of the greatest titles in pulp fiction history
- Disturbing, fantastic cover. I have no idea what's happening. It's like the men are a loosely affiliated mob of zombie hunters who have decided to use the woman as a human shield. But the men seem kind of shambling and zombie-like themselves.
- "On the seventh he rested"! – "Attention, Citizens of Brook City: Monday is the new Sabbath. Stop working immediately or We'll kill you all. . . thank you."
- This copywriter is not good with the metaphors. I don't think walls harbor cores, and if the wall itself is made of hate, isn't the "steaming evil" inside kind of redundant? What did you expect to find inside the wall of hate? Bunnies?
- Pictures says: "Yes, *that* John D. MacDonald" and "Don't hate me because I'm rugged" and "I think you mean Ross Macdonald, asshole."
Harpersburg State Prison erupted into overdue violence on the following Tuesday.Tuesday? But what about Monday? I was promised killing on *Monday*!
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]