Title: God's Little Acre
Author: Erskine Caldwell
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $23
- The Professor and Ginger never did see eye to eye.
- It's like they're having a clenchedmouth-off and she's winning—though it looks like the judge in the background there is about to call "illegal use of boobs." We'll see...
- Zeke likes to watch.
- I think she was overcome by Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" and had to be shaken out of her rockin' reverie before she tore up all the hay bales.
- Zeke, on the other hand, is immune to Bon Jovi's charms.
- Movie tie-in!
- Wow, they sure picked a dramatic scene for this back cover. And by "dramatic" I mean "one that showcases Tina Louise's tits to the fullest."
- Chivalry isn't dead, it's just horribly, horribly mutated.
- "Gusty vitality"??? Did they mean "gutsy"? Did they conflate "gutsy" and "gusto." "You know, the vitality of his writing ... it's got a ... windlike quality to it ..."
Ty Ty put one foot inside the room and leaned against the door-frame. He watched her roll and unroll her stockings and hang them over the back of the chair. She got up quickly and stood at the foot of the bed.I *knew* creepy, overt, unwelcome voyeurism was going to figure prominently in this book. The cover artist did his job well.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]