Title: Yesterday I Died!
Author: John Cooper
Cover artist: Sure, why not...
Yours for: I have no idea ...
Best things about this cover:
- Him: "Yesterday Day I Died!" Her: "So I smell!"
- Gun v. Nipple face-off.
- Has she got an 8 1/2 x 11 pad of paper in her pocket?
- Awkwardly positioned gunman wonders "Am I in frame now? How 'bout now?"
Best things about this back cover:
- One of three Awesome ads in this thing.
- Charles Atlas promises you "fresh blood" if you join him and his vampiric children of the night.
- "Joy-killing ailments" is a great phrase.
- The crossword constructor in me really wishes APAL had caught on.
- How is that drawing of that dude supposed to relate to my quitting smoking. Frankly, it's creeping me out and making me want to light up.
- Hey, "S.A.E." — more crosswordy goodness!
- First, I thought it said "I am Bam-Bou!" and thought "awesome name for a guru." Then I thought it said "Make Money By Growing Babies" and thought "that's ... a new angle."
- It's a well-know scientific fact that bamboo release spores in the form of pound coins.
- The Orientalism here is epic—the sexy East will lay bare her secrets to the hungry eyes of the horny West!
Page 123~ (This Book Has No Page Numbers!?!?!)
So ... Random Page~
Lugs O'Malley said suddenly, "For Pete's sake, Champion ... do something. If you're gonna blow us all to hades with the bomb ... well hell, let's go. But don't forget, you go too."First, give it up for 'Lugs O'Malley,' which belongs in the Corney Gangster Name Hall O' Fame. Second, who says (uncapitalized!?) "hades" in this context? Normally, I would say: the person who thinks "hell" is a curse word. But ... the next sentence ...
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]