Title: Passion Panamania
Author: J. X. Williams
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $28
Best things about this cover:
- When the women's beach volleyball team says "Closed Practice," they mean "Closed Practice."
- I'm a bit worried for that guy. I mean if he were shirtless and she had a whip, that would be one thing, but pantsless, spread-eagle, and she's got a knife? No. All the boobs and butt cheeks in the world aren't going to make this situation erotic.
- What is her right hand doing!? Please don't say "anointing the sacrificial lamb."
- Winner: Frondiest Cover of 1967.
- A Latin Lesbos, eh? So ... and island ... in, let's say, the Caribbean ... Well, there's Jost Van Dyke, but I'm gonna say "too spot-on."
Best things about this back cover:
- Yeah, if you're having marital troubles, just go camping. Works like a charm.
- Um, question? What is "the PASSION PANAMANIA"? Because, grammatically, it seems to be some kind of miasma or disease or sea god.
- "And the swapping and sharing could begin..."—so it's some kind of convention for Beanie Baby collectors? No, wait: "no conventions" ... I'm stumped (which is what the guy on the cover is going to be saying in 3, 2, ...)
They understood each other too well to waste words. Maria said, "We all—all five of us—took part. But only one—not me—did the terrible thing you know about. We others were as surprised and felt as horrible about it as you do—I swear it, _mi amiga_!—but we just stood there as she—Oh, _madre_, it was so awful, the blood..."Dear god, who is jacking off to this!?!?!
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]