Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Paperback 548: Superstud / Alan Marshall (Nightstand Books 1847)

Paperback 548: Nightstand Books 1847 (PBO, 1967)

Title: Superstud
Author: Alan Marshall
Cover artist: Someone who can't believe his idea got past house censors

Yours for: $25

NB1847.SupStud

Best things about this cover:
  • Wow. Just try out-sideboobing this cover. You Can't Do It.
  • "Yes, that's my right tit, complete with nipple. No, you're not dreaming. Pretty good, right?"
  • The boob is to distract from the hair, which looks great from the brow down, but get up any higher and it's a nightmare of random scalp attachment (and non-attachment). There's a reason they wrote "SUPER-STUD" over the top of that mess.
  • Maybe if the hair is red, you might try a different color for the font next time. This book looks like it's titled "R-"

EL1847bc.SupStud

Best things about this back cover:

  • Reading the first two sentences makes me think Brett isn't that studly from the neck up.
  • Call me old-fashioned, but I like my superstuds to be nailing quivering, creamy-fleshed ladies, not killing cops. What a massive waste of studliness.
  • Also, "Brett?" As a superstud name? Vetoed. 

Page 123~

He reached down and pulled her up. He didn't want to finish this way, not this time. He had better things in mind for the bitch with the fantastic boobs. 

Now *that's* a superhero name. Give that bitch a cape!

~RP

[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]

3 comments:

J. Kingston Pierce said...

The artistic style looks like that of Robert Bonfils, but I can't be sure for certain.

Cheers,
Jeff

Doug said...

I love the fact that it's a "Nightstand" book. I guess you need to keep it next to the kleenexes.

Marla said...

I gotta say - you have to work pretty hard to make breasts look unattractive, but this cover manages to do it.

Also, I would KILL to be able to do my eye makeup like that.