Title: Trail of the Restless Gun
Author: Will Hickok
Cover artist: Robert Schulz
Yours for: $10
- "We need a really heroic name. How about ... a first name that will make everyone go 'What?' and a last name that kinda sounds like 'boner'?!" "I like it!"
- I love the look of crushing existential angst in this guy's face. "Why? Why do I use this? Futility. All roads lead to death. Does it even matter if I turn around and fire?"
- Or else he's turned his gun into a thermometer and is confirming that it is, indeed, hot out there.
- "Hickok" looks wrong. Like it's missing a second "c." "I'm a HICK ... OK?"
- This family sounds unequivocally awesome.
- Are "dancehall teasers" (great phrase) notoriously "curious?" About ... what? Science? I think of a "tease" as being knowing and at least somewhat jaded—wanting to deceive or toy with someone, not wanting to learn.
- J.C. Penney is proud to feature—The Paxton Brand.
Something seemed to push Rasher forward in his saddle. Then all at once his legs rammed straight and he reared up to his full height, his back arching and a look of spasmed agony and shocked wonderment.
The sex scenes in this book are much hotter than I'd anticipated.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]