Title: The Case of the Careless Kitten
Author: Erle Stanley Gardner
Cover artist: "Front cover photograph by Paulus Lesser"
Yours for: SOLD! (6/20/12)
- "Hey, what's up? My name's Gary. I'm here to read for the role of 'Careless Kitten.' So ... do I stand here, or ... what? Oh, too close? Sorry."
- Perry Mason solves 'The Case of the World's Least Meme-able Cat'
- Seriously, this cover makes me laugh more than most covers I own. What the hell is happening? I love this cat. He's like the vintage paperback Anti-Cover. "No semi-naked ladies to see here, fella. MOVE along ..."
- This was one of maybe 30 *more* ESG / AA Fair books I got from a generous reader. That makes 60-70 total. I'm gonna start reading the Perry Mason stuff in order ... if I like it, I'll keep going (at his worst, Gardner is competent, so I think I'm going to like it).
- When Helen Kendal lost the second "L" in her last name, she knew just where to turn.
- That's a human "corpse," I assume. Because one murdered kitten may be my limit.
- When I want to add spice to my hot dish, I collect a scalp. Of course.
Della Street went on rapidly. "It's that way when someone near to you passes away. It's a shock. Your brother must have been smart, Mr. Lunk."
"Despite what his name suggests," she added.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]