Title: End Zone
Author: Don DeLillo
Cover artist: photo
Yours for: $8
- Way outside my normal collection timeframe, but the cover (and author) caught my eye—seemed memorable / remarkable—like the last thing you see before you get strangled (to death, presumably).
- I like that it's a novel about football, but the cover only barely suggests this (title, font, "New Gladiators").
- That's the opposite of "Fear Hand"—most mid-century covers have a victim POV, with woman reacting to some kind of impending attack. Here, the attacker (in a context that can be only dimly imagined).
Best things about this back cover:
- Dang, high praise for a novel I've never heard of.
- "Is God a Football Fan?" is a pretty good tagline.
- So much for your Nostradamian powers, Cincinnati Enquirer.
"Gary Harkness. Good name. Promotable. I like it. I even love it."If anyone ever says "Relax and call me Wally," you're gonna want to end the conversation quickly and get out of there.
"Relax and call me Wally."
"Right," I said.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]