Title: Baldy of Nome
Author: Esther Birdsall Darling
Cover artist: A. DiSonetis (sp?) / Illus. by George Meyerreicks
Yours for: $5
- It appears that "Baldy" is one of them there "comical misnomers."
- Looks like a Saint Bernard killed, skinned, devoured, and crawled inside of a wolf. Or like a werewolf eskimo.
- "Weakling puppy" Anthropomorphize much?
Best things about this back cover:
- At first Baldy and Ben merely exchanged meaningful glances, too scared to declare their love openly.
- Spoiler alert! I feel like I just read the whole book, in very primitive comic book form.
- Next in the series: "Baldy of Rome." Wherein our hero becomes a Cardinal.
Time now meant nothing. It was the Land of Day After To-morrow, where the obligation of definite hours for definite duties did not exist.
And so, calmly, Baldy put the rifle in his mouth and ...
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]