Author: Philip Wylie
Cover artist: uncredited student of the male physique
Yours for: $11
Best things about this cover:
- Hugo was very self-conscious about his gigantic red nipples.
- Mr Clean: The Innocent Years
- Sorry, ladies—this genie is happy to grant wishes. Just not yours.
- This cover is one of Avon's experimental "cut-out dolls" series—putting ladies' heads on Steve's well-oiled, musclebound torso provides hours (or at least minutes) of family fun.
Best things about this back cover:
- Lusty and Vigorous! Shakespeare approves. "Quite!"
- "Huh, I can sleep with any woman I want, but somehow it's not satisfying. I wonder what the problem is ... I'm going down to muscle beach to see what the other shirtless guys think."
- "Complete love for Hugo however was hidden behind a closed door"—It Sure Was
Mr. Shayne chuckled. "Some of my spears were already made into plows, and it was a great season for the harvest, young man—a great season."
"We aren't talking about farming anymore, are we Mr. Shayne?" squeaked Hugo.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]