Title: Model for Murder
Author: Stephen Marlowe
Cover artist: Walter Popp
Yours for: $16
Best things about this cover:
- I have no idea what these people are up to, but that cigarette and that cigar are getting it on.
- Finally, a taut thriller about the exciting, dangerous world of copyediting.
- Steve is puzzled to find that his meticulously researched paper, "Broads: Stacked vs. Unstacked," merits only a B-. "I don't think I understand this whole 'Women's Studies' thing, Bernie."
Best things about this back cover:
- Out-Kinseyed Kinsey! "Screw this survey stuff, let's just install hidden cameras."
- Lady wrestlers! Be still my heart.
- Talk about ... Pop Grujdzak. Talk about ... Pop Grujdzak.
- If I had to invent a stupid-sounding last name, and had several days to do it, I still couldn't beat Wompler.
The clothing was Ken's naturally, and as I dressed and tested the stiffness in my left arm, I began to wonder. The arm couldn't have punched its way through a wet Kleenex tissue.
So ... he dresses up like Barbie's boyfriend and he has a lot of experience testing the tensile strength of wet Kleenex. He sounds dreamy.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]