Author: Donald Henderson Clarke
Cover artist: Uncredited
Best things about this cover:
- Pencil Mustache is trying to change TV channels with his mind. Veronica Lake thinks maybe it's time to give it a rest.
- Hmm. A dress made of fondant. How avant-garde.
- This author sure likes to give his book's women's names.
- I *love* the little calling card stuck in the "frame" of this "painting." The "frame," however, is a hideous piece of ornate crap.
Best things about this back cover:
- Opaque paper!? That's my favorite kind of paper! Oh, boy!
- Resistant to "rough usage." So go ahead, smack your kids around with 'em. See if they don't retain their readability. And if a little blood gets on there, no matter, as they "can easily be washed clean."
"Aw, for Hell's sake!" Noodles Noonan exclaimed. "Shut up. You dirty, weazened little no-good leavings. Why would a fellow like me that can have any dame he wants be peeking through keyholes and roosting on roofs? You're nuts, fella. You don't know it, but you're coo-coo."
Noodles Noonan is a name to be reckoned with. And "leavings" is an amazing piece of bowdlerization. Coo-coo.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]