Title: The Indiscreet Confessions of a Nice Girl
Cover artist: Michel
Yours for: $18
- Please note the lamp. Please please note the lamp. It's bachelor-padtastic!
- She is getting her cigarette lit by the world's tiniest man, who happens to be hanging from the ceiling.
- Her dress is weird. It looks like her boobs have eyebrows.
- She's kicked off a shoe, so you know she's good to go.
- Either that entire room is on a slant or we are looking at her through a very weird tire swing.
Best things about this back cover:
Everyone's attractive in black, lady. Get over yourself.
- "—but I will come to that later." I love how she is titillating her Future Self. (assuming this is really a diary)
- "Oh Harold! Harold! Bring me up to date, Harold!"
"... unless you read other people's diaries ... in which case, this will probably be pretty disappointing. Seriously, you should just put this book down and go back to being a snooping perv. You'll be happier."
I decided to put on my tea gown before Arthur arrived. It was really a negligee, only more so. You wear a negligee when you want to be modest and a tea gown when you don't. Cecil's tea gowns are very immodest. She practically guarantees one shoulder to fall off during the second cocktail and the other to fall during the fourth. Of course she can't do any better than that because no girl should take more than four cocktails and if she does she will throw the whole gown over a chair anyway.
I love how she's drunk and wild enough to just chuck off her gown, but tidy enough to make sure that it's neatly hung up on a chair. Also, though I'm pretty sure Cecil is a girl, I like to pretend that he is not.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]