Author: Michael Norday
Cover artist: Clement Micarelli
Yours for: $50
Best things about this cover:
- This is some golden age, bullseye, right over the plate, vintage lesbian paperback amazingness. Fantastic art, cool staggered-letter title design, and cover copy that alliterates like there's no tomorrow. Plus great lesbian code words like "twilight" and "twisted" and "strange" and "tormented" and "warped"; roughly half the vintage lesbian paperbacks in existence have at least one of these words in their titles (I made that stat up, but it feels right)
- I love the dramatic tension between these two women—the knowing, smug, hungry eyes of the tomboyish old pro, and the coy-yet-curious eyes of the frillier girl in the foreground. Her guarded posture suggests modesty, but her exposed and pushed-up boobs and her visible garters suggest ... something else.
- That is one ugly bed. And pillowcase. They are far too hot to be making out in grandma's bed.
Best things about this back cover:
- Again, great design. A bit text-heavy, but I love the pink touches.
- I applied to Fern Mar, but got rejected. Dames only, apparently. I am, however, only too familiar with the "disgrace of an unwholesome campus weekend."
- Hell yeah, passion-ridden women!
A sudden panic swept over her. She remembered the look in Estrada's eyes when he had talked about Gwen up at O'Keefe's training camp. A sudden fury burst inside her. "Damn you! Where is she? Where—"
"Relax, baby. Relax."
Wait, lesbians have training camps? That's awesome.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]