Title: Gutter Gang
Author: Jay de Bekker
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $20
Best things about this cover:
- "Psst. Hey, Billy, you gonna hit that?" "Shut up, guys, that's my mom!"
- "Billy, you come home right now and do your chores! And take that cigarette out of your mouth this instant!" "Aw, mom...! You're makin' me look uncool in front of the guys..."
- Art director had only one note: "Grimier."
- I love '50s paranoia about JD (Juvenile Delinquency). I don't know who Norman Anthony is (whoa, I've said that before ...), but I'm sure he was hysterical.
Best things about this back cover:
- Well, when you have your midnight orgies in the parking lot of the A&P, that'll happen.
- "Sponsors"=not the word I was expecting. "Hey girls, let's all go to AA!" "Neato!"
- "B- B- B- Benny's name is Lesk!"
- Those poor, poor kids. Getting high, fucking ... I really pity them.
- This book has chapters with titles like "Muggin'," "Chicken," "Hot Gin," and, of course, "Chivalry"
Page 123~ (cheating: p. 122)
I ask him does he live with this folks, and he says he has a mother and a sister but no real father. He said he was a bastard, a real bastard."I like how she talks about bastards like they were astronauts or yetis.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]