Title: Erotic Interlude
Author: Bob Elmer
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: [SOLD!: 9/9/11]
Best things about this cover:
- OK, I've seen bad wigs, and I've seen Bad Wigs, but this thing wins.
- She took men to her Fortress of Solitude, where she screwed them and then promptly froze them in pillars of ice.
- If you just focus on the upper parts of her breasts and chest, this cover looks nice. But if you move your eyes from that spot even a fraction of an inch in any direction: disaster.
- What's holding up her boobs? Remnants of an old dish rag? Plaster of Paris? A tennis ball that's been cleaved in half and pried open?
- If you're gonna get yourself a sex machine, you need to make sure it's trained. Untrained sex machines can really chew you up. Trust me.
Best things about this back cover:
- "UNIQUE SKILL!" — Nice. Nothing sexier than the language of a job resumé.
- So we're just forgoing indefinite articles in our cover copy now? OK then...
- I've read Mad Libs that made more sense than this—Mad Libs filled out by kids who don't even know what "adjective" means.
- This was one of the earliest efforts at sex novel cover copy writing by Professor Frink's Smut-Bot 5000. When you look at it that way, it's pretty good.
The blonde began blazing a trail of kisses down Delia's body. And then her hand began doing things.
Delia hated it when her lovers surreptitiously played "Angry Birds" during sex.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]