Title: I Kid You Not
Author: Jack Paar
Cover artist: photo
Yours for: $6
Best things about this cover:
- It is the all-important time of 5:03. No, wait, that must be 12:24 (a.m.). That is the longest hour hand I've ever seen.
- There are few things about this picture that do *not* say serial killer. I think he got that pinky ring off his last victim.
- I know Jack Paar from such places as crossword puzzles. That is the only way that I know Jack Paar. I kid you not.
Best things about this back cover:
- A guy this wacky surely deserves a more colorful back cover layout—more colors, a wobbly font, something...
- Are the U-turns in the first paragraph literal or metaphorical?
- I can't wait to read about his feud with Mickey Rooney.
- Why would someone put a filter-tip on a firecracker? "Paradox put to paper"? Some young copywriter was bucking for a promotion. I pray he (or she) did not receive it.
The two young giraffes, which stood about ten feet high, had scarcely teetered down the gangplank on their spindly legs when government inspectors pounced on them.
Well this book has taken an odd turn.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]